Welcome to Kirks-Hangar and Bacon Squadron forums. To prevent spam you have to register, to be able to post.

Operation Ragmunk

Here you can discuss and plan operations, missions and events.
Per_von_Harke

Re: Operation Ragmunk

Post by Per_von_Harke » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:51 pm

New Update:

I thought about the concept a bit and I am planning on this being a "campaign". But since I am not experienced at such thing
I won't predict anything.

And yes mods, as well as skins, are needed if you want to participate (mods) and/or more realism (finish F/A-18C's).

The current state is that I have completed the first mission.
It has space for 5 F/A-18C Pilots and it is not that long.

It will have to be tested but that should happen this weekend. I will need some people depending on how many want to fly it when its ready.
Testing is mainly done for the timing.

Very abstract briefing: :ugeek:
Startup your engines and in the time of that listen to the briefing from Lead.
Aircraft should be picked with 1 for the Lead and 5 for the last player. This is because there is no very limited space on the road trip.
Start 1by1 and reform while flying to Gori following waypoints. It will be a fast strike on 4 Mi-8's. If you do not kill them in time you gotta kill 60 Speznas Paratroopers with Manpads (first scout troops for the invasion which will develop into big stuff). There is no Tanker near the Highway-Strip or so because it is still travelling to Finnland. Other NATO reinforcement will come later too.

Also testing the best strategy on landing a flight of 4-5 people on this little strip is in this first flight.
After some testing flying a CASE I pattern would be the best.

I'm sorry if something is wrong with the Grammar.

Kind Regards,
Per_von_Harke

Per_von_Harke

Post by Per_von_Harke » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:34 am

Okay so for further mission tests the host (I can't of my Router configuration) needs to have some mods.
Same for any participants.

Here the folder for the mods and for skins. (Skins are for more immersion not needed to play)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Zvr5a ... RsOe-BVLJH

Kind regards,
Per_von_Harke

Kirk
Site Admin

Post by Kirk » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:36 pm

Any news on Operation Ragmunk progress ? I can host for you again if you are ready to test it again :)
CAPT Kirk CAG Bacon Squadron.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep calm and fly on!

Per_von_Harke

Post by Per_von_Harke » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:33 pm

I kinda forgot about it.
Will resume to work on it.

Do you maybe still know how long we needed to get to the AO?
I have set the Mi-8's to arrive 30 mins after mission start at the AO.
Will need a second test tho. Maybe with more people.
Maximum player count is still 4 people in total. Might become more in later missions.
Per_von_Harke

Kirk
Site Admin

Post by Kirk » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:32 pm

You can use Combatflite to plan the schedule. It should show you all the needed times.
CAPT Kirk CAG Bacon Squadron.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep calm and fly on!

Per_von_Harke

Post by Per_von_Harke » Sat May 11, 2019 11:33 am

Okay, there is an Update on the Mission. I have completed the first mission of the campaign.

It is a training mission and will focus and practising the landing on the highway strip, aerial refuelling and formation flying.
It will eventually build up into a war between NATO and Russia but that will be the only spoiler I give :)!

I am testing it on the 18th of May in the German squadron "Gamestar Serious Uglies".
After any improving of the mission, if needed, the mission will be available for flying in BS.

There will be more training mission coming. The first combat mission is already finished.
Per_von_Harke

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable